My accomplishments were broad and deep:
- Building a team - integrating a new designer and a front-end developer
- Create and maintain procedure and QA documents
- Overlook QA and authorize digital media
- Structure Jira and team for an Agile workflow
- Introduce other teams to Agile methods
- Delegate work-load to ensure high quality work with low turn-around times. My time estimate precision is often complimented.
- Strengthen SEO with Schema and other rich content
- Build all kinds of eCommerce related modules
- Speed optimization - improved Google PageSpeed score from 60 to 98
- Mentoring a developer with 3 years experience
- Implementing Theme Kit and later Slate
- Implementing BitBucket
- Re-installing Google Analytics
- Previous setup had seperate properties for each region, which lead to inaccurate data and made statistics difficult to find.
- Installing other SEO/trackers (Hotjar, Snapchat Pixel, Twitter, Pinterest, Yotpo)
- Implement a/b testing procedures and install and run experiments(Using Google Optimize)
- Worked closely with designer to ensure best web practices
- Redesign all major pages
- Design special banners for Sale periods
- Redesign EDMs
- Design office stationary
- Generate Analytical reports, and provide statistics for working with the marketing team
- Regularly giving creative content team Photoshop / Illustrator advice and tutorials
The website has gone through many revisions and a/b tests in my time at Hismile.
Phase 1: Dec, 2017 - Feb, 2018
- Complete redesign - while keeping similar branding to ensure customers don't feel they are in the wrong place
- Heavy code refactoring - and roping in a lot of the technologies mentioned above.
- Big difference in bounce rate, page load time, and average order value
- Lead to testing different modules and features such as
- Promotional sections for major yearly sale events - Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Boxing Day
- Find Your Product
- Featured products
- Yotpo Reviews
Phase 2: Mar, 2018 - Aug, 2018
- Designed mostly by the newly hired designer - Aled, and again directed by the head of marketing and two CEO's
- Optimizing existing code-base to be faster, neater, and easier to test new ideas
- Implement Google Optimize and an in-depth sequence of Google Event tags to assist with tracking customer behaviour flows
- I worked closely with Aled to enable fast development and having two minds to bounce design ideas off
- Implement processes to help work in new developer - Jordan
- Help Jordan with integrating some back-end systems such as a new region redirect, FAQ section, product subscriptions (with Bold apps)
Phase 3: Aug 2018 - Current
- A few website designs tested between Phase 2 and 3, ultimately a design closer to Phase 1 worked best, with minor adjustments to the UI
- Completely rebuilt website using Shopify Slate and Twitter Bootstrap CSS framework
- Improved Google PageSpeed score from 60 to 98
- Average page load times decreased by close to 1 second in Australia, and at least half a second world-wide.
- Open-season for a/b testing. The team is generally running 3 a/b tests at a time, each test only needing around 3-4 days before we are able to design which direction to go
- Assist Jordan (developer) with a spend/revenue dashboard, using api's from different software we use as services - i.e. Shopify, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, Google Adwords.
There is still a lot of work to be done, and a lot of room to improve on the website. Keypoints include:
- Learning React.js for a future build of the store
- Improve the Procedure documents, brand style-guide, and coding standard
- Build a more user-friendly FAQ area to minimise Customer Experience workload
- Minimise the customers physical location impacting their User Experience
- Work on sales tracking dashboard to pull in spends and sales
- Forever a/b testing and working with Aled (designer) for next feature.
My strengths are Front-End Development, Interactive Design and Quality Assurance. I bring a firm opinion to my craft and place a lot of pride in the quality of my service.